Thursday, September 11, 2008

A Dream

I think it was nearly 20 years ago.

  We went to visit friends in upper state New York. This was long before we ever thought of moving or heard of Farmville, Va. I had a very vivid dream one night while there.

  I dreamed I was sitting on the steps to a brick building in a college town. I was with others but I don't think I knew them. Suddenly, I saw Jesus on the other side of the street. He seemed to be walking with great purpose and others were around Him. He was wearing a beige tunic with beige pants. 
He had long, dark, wavy hair and it was pulled back in a pony tail. He had warm brown eyes and was of average build.

I began to frantically call His name. "Jesus! Jesus!" He stopped, looked at me, flashed me a wonderful smile and threw me a huge gift that knocked me over when I caught it.  ~~~

After we moved south, I began to realize that the town in my dream was Farmville and the college buildings I saw were Longwood's. I'm not sure what all this means but I do know that Jesus is in Farmville and that He is walking with purpose on the sidewalks of Longwood College.

Remember in Luke 8 when Jesus cast the demons out of the man into the pigs and they ran off the cliff and drowned?  The folks in that region begged Him to leave and He did.

  I think if He would leave when folks ask Him to leave,
He would come when folks ask Him to come.

  And I have heard folks asking Him to come.

No comments: