Sunday, September 7, 2008

Random thoughts-#2

The older I get, the less I am certain of many things, but the more I am certain of a few things. In other words, the quantity of things I am certain of decreases, but the quality of things I am certain of increases.

Anointing-The Spirit of God at work
Annoyting-the flesh at work

Take time daily to smile deeply into the face of God.

Walk in your integrity. Don't walk in your temptations or guilt or failure. Walk in your integrity.

He loves me best.

When Jesus struggled in the garden, did He struggle with the temptation of Divinity wanting to escape His humanity, or with His humanity wanting to escape His divinity?

In Matt. 14, Jesus fed the 5,000. Jesus told the disciples to feed the hungry crowd and they told him that they didn't have what it takes-just 5 loaves and 2 fishes. He said,"Bring them to me" and they did. They didn't tell Him that it wasn't enough. They brought what little they had to Him. He did the hard part. He blessed it and then told them to pass it out. Can you imagine? What can He do with the little we have when we bring it to Him with the humble confession that we know that we don't have what it takes. Then we can just do what He says to do. We pass out His blessing to others and pick up the leftovers.

No comments: