Sunday, September 7, 2008

Freeman's Archives-Take Five

Freeman was playing with his toy animals. (4 1/2 years old) He pretended that the bull was mating the cow. " It's a disgusting thing, dad." "Yep," his dad replied. "But, it's the only way we get little bullies."

Freeman was playing with slugs in the garden. "You know what I really want? I want slugs for a pet. God really made them to be pets, you know, 'cause they're so gentle." We put slugs and dirt in a jar. "Yuch! This black one isn't grown up yet!"

Me-anxious and sighing outloud while holding Freeman, "What really is important in life?"
Freeman-"To love your children and to love God...that's what I think."
Silence.
Me-"Thank-you."
Freeman-"You're welcome."

Freeman-"Mommy, I'm hungry for chocolate."
"Me, too."
"But mommy, it says in my little Bible that women should not have chocolate, but boys can."

No comments: