Monday, September 29, 2008

Coming Soon

Has every generation since Jesus ascended into Heaven thought that their generation would be the one that would see Him coming again in the clouds? Has every generation thought that it couldn't get any worse in this world than it is?
I will join the ranks of those who have gone before. They are good company. I think He is coming soon. I think I will not taste death. I think I will hear the trumpet call and go swooping up in the air to meet Him. I think I will be hugged hard in mid-air by Jesus Himself. I can't wait.
But I ask Him to wait. Because not everyone I love is ready. And there are those I love who have those they love that aren't ready. We, with Him, do not want any to perish. So we pray, "Come Lord Jesus, Come." And we pray,"Wait, Lord Jesus, wait."

He can figure it out. He'll come when it is time. Not a moment too soon. Not a moment too late.

And my longing grows. A terrible homesickness within. Come Lord Jesus. Wait a little longer. I can't wait to see you. I want them to see you too. Come. Wait. Come. Wait.

I know! Perhaps He can come almost. Perhaps He can show Himself almost. Perhaps He can be seen more than He has ever been seen before. And in that unveiling, those we are asking Him to wait for will be drawn in. And then, He can really come.

Please Come. Please come and wait.

No comments: