Friday, September 19, 2008

More about Naomi-Mother's Journal

I want to follow up what I wrote about Naomi yesterday with two more journal entries from my mother's book. Naomi died Sept 19, 1986.

Journal entry, Sept. 1987~one year later~

"While awake one night last week, I thought of David and how he said to meditate on the Lord in the night.( He apparently had sleepless nights too.) So I began saying Colossians and when I came to the part about the "joys of heaven" it hit me that Naomi was experiencing just that! I've said that verse many times since her death and never thought of it. But praise You, Jesus, for showing it to me now. It has been such a comfort. To think of where she is rather than of where she isn't. To keep picturing her there doing that rather than seeing that precious body in that lonely little grave.~"

September 19, 1988~Two years later~

"The day two years ago that my precious daughter-in-law and wonderful friend left us! Many times I miss her. But You have been so good my Father in giving Karen to us! I was at the cemetery last week~will go again today." and~ "Psalm 42~My psalm of awful grief, despair, joy and hope on this anniversary of that terrible day two years ago."

My note: Naomi was 35. She had thick brown hair and warm brown eyes. She was a school teacher. I always really liked her. She was good to everyone in my family. They had no children. She came home from school that day and went for a walk. An older man passed out at the wheel and lost control of his car, hitting her as she walked on the
sidewalk. My brother married Karen about two years after Naomi's death. Her three children call him "Dad" and they have a sweet girl of their own. My brother is another one of my favorite heroes. He's right up there with my mother.

No comments: