Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Smart Sanctified Cats

My mother has three cats. Now these cats love her and her only. The only one I ever get to touch is Buffy and I have to be sneaky about it. I pet her when she is asleep under mother's sheets and I try to fool her into thinking I'm Mother. She gets suspicious though when she feels herself being petted and hears Mother's voice coming from the other side of the room.

I read medical newsletters because I like to pretend that I'm a doctor. When I grow up, that's what I want to be, along with other things like being a grandmother, for instance. Anyway, I read that there is a machine that puts off the same decible sound/vibration that a cat makes when it is purring. This machine(when attached to a body) is helping people with osteoporosis(spelling?). It appears that a cats purring creates some sort of healthy vibration that helps peoples bones become stronger. My mother has strong bones. Those cats purr all over her. I keep getting side-tracked here.

My mother reads the Bible and loves God more than any one else I know. She also reads classics and I'm not talking about Prince and the Pauper here. I'm talking about Augustine and Madam Guyon and Fenelin, and the like. I try to read the books she reads and I read the same sentence multiple times. I've taken to just reading her favorite quotes from them that she records in her journal. I only have to read those two or three times and then I write them down and put them on my wall for a year and then I start understanding them.

What I am trying to say here is that mother is an avid reader and the cats are in bed with her. Whenever she reads her Bible, they lay on top of it and stretch out all over the Written Word. They don't do that with the classics. Just the Bible. Smart Sanctified Cats.

No comments: