Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Perfect Woman

My friend, Judy Blue-eyes told me the other day that her husband told her that Sarah Palin is every man's dream of a woman. " She is beautiful. She is smart. AND she hunts moose."

I decided to share this with Michael. He began to nod as soon as I said that she was every man's dream of a woman. He didn't even wait to hear the evidence!

I decided to share this with Freeman. And HE began to nod his head as soon as I said that she was every man's dream of a woman.

I am really trying hard here not to get insecure. As far as hunting moose goes, I blame my mother. She read "Bambi" to me one too many times. Statistics show that hunting decreased by 50 % after that sweet book came out. I hunt for shells and clothing sales and other inanimate objects.

As far as being beautiful goes, well, I just have never been that beautiful. One guy I dated even said that it was the first time he dated someone that he didn't use beauty as a determination as to whether he would date someone or not. ( I just had a hard time explaining that in writing and believe me, he had a hard time explaining it to me not in writing as well. ) He did say something nice about my brain though. So I guess
I'll take that. 33 % of a man's dream of a woman is better than nothing!

And then, of course, there is Phil. He thinks I am beautiful. Tells me I am beautiful. Laughs at my jokes. Cherishes my opinion. And carries the big guns around here. I'm more than enough woman for him.

No comments: