Friday, September 19, 2008

Michael in the womb

Michael was strong when he was 16 weeks old. I mean, he was strong in my womb. He was kicking long before baby's are supposed to kick. Most mother's feel their baby kicking around 16 weeks in vitro. When Michael was 16 weeks old in my womb, I knew something was wrong, because I could no longer feel him kicking.

I went to the Doctor's office for my 16 week check-up and I told them that I thought something was wrong, because he had stopped kicking. They checked me out and became very concerned. They could not find his heart beat. They hooked me up to the sonogram machine right away and said that there was not enough fluid around the baby.

The doctor brought me into his office and as gently as he could, told me that I would miscarry that week, and sent me home to wait. I had to go substitute at the local Christian school. I called Phil and by the time I got home, he had two of our pastors there to pray for us. They anointed me with oil and as they prayed, I felt a hard kick in my belly, and felt the whooshing of something like a spigot turned on inside.

I drank water like crazy that week and then I went back for another check-up. The doctor and nurses refused to look me in the eye, but I was hopeful. They took me right back to the sonogram. Phil was with me. The doctor took one look at the sonogram and exclaimed,"There is plenty of fluid around this baby," and " That's a normal heartbeat!" I think he was as happy as we were and when Michael was born, Dr. B. said with tears in his eyes,"It is a miracle."

All babies are miracles, I know, but Michael truly is My Miracle Baby.

Happy Seventeenth Birthday, Michael! I used this color in honor of your hair. I love you, Mom.

No comments: